HI! I'm Alex Smith,I'm a 28 year old illustrator, and this is my sketch blog. I started Sketch Party 2000 in April of 2007 with no real goals in mind. Soon after, it evolved into a daily ritual. I posted a sketch, photo, film, or some other piece of my art every day for a year. Somewhere in the middle of that year I went back to school, and if you start at the beginning and move toward the current entries you should be able to see that I paid attention in class. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy posting them, don't let this be your last visit. Updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday (and any other time I feel like it).

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Entry 47



For today I did this page of sketches of Katchoo and David from Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise. I'll be doing a few more sketches to the get the feel of the characters and then I'll work on a final drawing for the first round of the Draw-off tournament this weekend at Digital Webbing. Strangers in paradise is a great book, for anyone who hasn't read it, even if you're not really into comics I would suggest it. Its got fantastic art, great writing, and it even has an official ending like a real live novel ;).

No comments: