HI! I'm Alex Smith,I'm a 28 year old illustrator, and this is my sketch blog. I started Sketch Party 2000 in April of 2007 with no real goals in mind. Soon after, it evolved into a daily ritual. I posted a sketch, photo, film, or some other piece of my art every day for a year. Somewhere in the middle of that year I went back to school, and if you start at the beginning and move toward the current entries you should be able to see that I paid attention in class. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy posting them, don't let this be your last visit. Updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday (and any other time I feel like it).

Monday, February 4, 2008

Entry 259: Wacom time!



I got a new toy today: A Wacom graphics tablet :) I tried a little digital inking over my rough pencils, and while it's going to take practice, I'm pretty excited about it it, especially when it comes to digital colors. I also included a nifty photo of it so you can check it out.

3 comments:

Revolving Luddite said...

I've always thought that those tablets were neat - I just never thought I'd be skilled enough to use one that didn't actually have an LCD display built in. Looks fun!

Mark Welser said...

I've always wanted one, too. But I'm afraid I would end up wasting a ton of money on something I wouldn't really use all that much.

Axel said...

you can always get the Bamboo for under $100 and then upgrade later if you like it :)