HI! I'm Alex Smith,I'm a 28 year old illustrator, and this is my sketch blog. I started Sketch Party 2000 in April of 2007 with no real goals in mind. Soon after, it evolved into a daily ritual. I posted a sketch, photo, film, or some other piece of my art every day for a year. Somewhere in the middle of that year I went back to school, and if you start at the beginning and move toward the current entries you should be able to see that I paid attention in class. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy posting them, don't let this be your last visit. Updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday (and any other time I feel like it).

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Entry 468 (14): Does Whatever a Spider Can


After so many all digital posts I decided I really wanted to get something down on some paper. This is heavily inspired by John Romita Jr., but considering that Romita Jr. literally defined how fans of my generation see Spiderman (he debuted on Spiderman in 1977 and in the last 30 years he spent 14 off and on drawing Spidey), how could it not be?
I actually even tightened up the pencils on this. I usually just stop at rough blue lines and then change the color in photoshop. For this I busted out the trusty old mechanical pencils and then shaded it up in PS.

No comments: