HI! I'm Alex Smith,I'm a 28 year old illustrator, and this is my sketch blog. I started Sketch Party 2000 in April of 2007 with no real goals in mind. Soon after, it evolved into a daily ritual. I posted a sketch, photo, film, or some other piece of my art every day for a year. Somewhere in the middle of that year I went back to school, and if you start at the beginning and move toward the current entries you should be able to see that I paid attention in class. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy posting them, don't let this be your last visit. Updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday (and any other time I feel like it).

Monday, October 26, 2009

Entry 627: Almost, Maine

A poster I designed for the wife's upcoming GCHS Drama Club production. The play is several different little stories about love that all take place the same night in the town of Almost. The design here was based on what several other designers did for the play(woot! Google search), I just put my own spin on it, you might say it's been "Axelized."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool poster Alex! Our high school drama play posters were never so artful, but i have all of my old programs nonetheless. Brings back memories for sure!

Axel said...

Yeah, I try to do Dorothy's posters if I can, the one's her kids do are usually pretty awful, lol (it hurts my graphic designer's brain). Thanks for looking and commenting!

James Gowan said...

ran across your Almost Maine poster -- Liked it! Here's a link to mine. Theater posters are a passion of mine, too!

http://www.jamesgowan.com/projects/4382110