HI! I'm Alex Smith,I'm a 28 year old illustrator, and this is my sketch blog. I started Sketch Party 2000 in April of 2007 with no real goals in mind. Soon after, it evolved into a daily ritual. I posted a sketch, photo, film, or some other piece of my art every day for a year. Somewhere in the middle of that year I went back to school, and if you start at the beginning and move toward the current entries you should be able to see that I paid attention in class. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy posting them, don't let this be your last visit. Updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday (and any other time I feel like it).

Friday, June 1, 2007

Entry 11

So since I drew Ultimate Gwen Stacy Yesterday I had to give equal pencil time to Mary Jane Watson. The two characters are great foils and I always love when Peter Parker is having girl trouble, especially if the girl(s) involved are way out of his league. I tried to may MJ a little more day-dreamy and less "bad girl" than Gwen but keep the same level of beauty and character. The Ultimate Marvel Universe version of Mary Jane is the penultimate girl next door and I tried to get that across. Old school Spidey fans will notice I gave her a slight cleft in the chin like John Romita used to, no other way to draw her as far as I'm concerned.

No comments: