HI! I'm Alex Smith,I'm a 28 year old illustrator, and this is my sketch blog. I started Sketch Party 2000 in April of 2007 with no real goals in mind. Soon after, it evolved into a daily ritual. I posted a sketch, photo, film, or some other piece of my art every day for a year. Somewhere in the middle of that year I went back to school, and if you start at the beginning and move toward the current entries you should be able to see that I paid attention in class. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy posting them, don't let this be your last visit. Updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday (and any other time I feel like it).

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Entry 30


This spry gentleman is Green Arrow, one of my all-time favorites. I used the "Long Bow Hunters" costume designed by Mike Grell because its just awesome. Mike Grell was always the definitive Green Arrow artist for me and "long Bow Hunters" is the definitive Green Arrow story, if you read comics and you've never read it I suggest you hit up your local comic shop. While you're at it, cruise the dollar bin and back issue boxes for some of Grell's Warlord run from the 80's, thats some killer stuff too. I gotta go draw something....

No comments: