HI! I'm Alex Smith,I'm a 28 year old illustrator, and this is my sketch blog. I started Sketch Party 2000 in April of 2007 with no real goals in mind. Soon after, it evolved into a daily ritual. I posted a sketch, photo, film, or some other piece of my art every day for a year. Somewhere in the middle of that year I went back to school, and if you start at the beginning and move toward the current entries you should be able to see that I paid attention in class. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy posting them, don't let this be your last visit. Updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday (and any other time I feel like it).

Monday, March 9, 2009

Entry 522 (68): "Fostyr"


So one of my D&D buddies sends and e-mail asking:

"hey i need a simple sketch of that character i was telling you about that kinda looks like scott from the green dragon with thin muttonchops. this guy is 52 years old, should be wearing a cloak, thin athletic body, you drew a sketch of this guy a LONG time ago and it kinda looked like revolver ocelot way back in the day. that's fine but is not that shaggy. has pronounced cheekbones and a pointy nose, various small scars, looks like he shouldn't be smiling but has a small wry smirk, holding an over-used dagger with a symbol on it ... but it has been somewhat scratched out (but still noticeable). not sure what other details would be nice, this guy is an ex-paladin turned into a rogue bandit. possible poses i guess would be just leaning up against a wall. crouched behind a corner, some sort of hiding position poised to strike. name on the picture should be "Fostyr" (keep the quotes, that's not his real name). i owe you big time for this."

and upon receiving the above image replied:

"holy shit!
i actually said that out loud before i responded when i saw it, that is VERY impressive"

That is literally the reason I love to do illustrations for people, that reaction is always my goal.

No comments: