HI! I'm Alex Smith,I'm a 28 year old illustrator, and this is my sketch blog. I started Sketch Party 2000 in April of 2007 with no real goals in mind. Soon after, it evolved into a daily ritual. I posted a sketch, photo, film, or some other piece of my art every day for a year. Somewhere in the middle of that year I went back to school, and if you start at the beginning and move toward the current entries you should be able to see that I paid attention in class. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy posting them, don't let this be your last visit. Updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday (and any other time I feel like it).

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Entry 76




This feisty young lady was a character that I came up with in high school. Her story involved her being captain of a castle guard (a title inherited from her father) when the castle in question is suddenly attacked and destroyed after decades of peace. This girl is the only survivor.She appears here as she would have through-out the core of the series, the revenge part. her armor is rough and mostly salvaged and she is angry and covered in scars. She would have traveled the world seeking out the men responsible for the deaths of her family, friends and king, eliminating them one at a time. I also have a design from back then of her armor before the attack, which I plan to re-draw for my blog tomorrow, which I think will be the last in this series of artist's progress pieces.

No comments: